Just over one year ago, Horizon Goodwill Industries brought a 958 kW solar generating array online that was built in partnership with RER Energy Group, New Energy Equity, Pfister Energy and WGL Energy. The engineering calculations estimated the first full year of operation would have a generating capacity of 1.2 million kWh. Because weather can play an essential part in how much solar power would be created, Horizon Goodwill Industries monitored and tracked the total electricity produced. CEO, John McCain said, “We have worked diligently to develop best practices for making our Goodwill operation as green as possible. We believe in not only creating sustainable futures for our clients, but we also want to preserve natural resources for the future of our planet. One of the projects that was important to us was the solar array project. Read more at PR Web
- Growth in Solar Capacity in 2017 Exceeded the Combined New Capacity Installations of Coal, Gas and Nuclear Power.
- Solar, Wind Make up at Least 94% of New US Generation Power in Q1 2018
- New Study Indicates That Solar Panels Will Remain Highly Efficient Longer Than Previously Thought
- Major Utilities Across the U.S Continue to Replace Coal and Nuclear with Solar and Wind
- More and More Cities Across the U.S. Commit to 100% Renewable Energy