Electricity generation from solar resources in the United States reached 77 million megawatthours (MWh) in 2017, surpassing for the first time annual generation from biomass resources, which generated 64 million MWh in 2017.
- China Installed More Solar in 2017 than the U.S. has Total
- Solar Becomes #3 Renewable Electricity Source In USA, Passing Up Biomass
- Global Renewable Energy Capacity has Doubled Since 2008
- Growth in Solar Capacity in 2017 Exceeded the Combined New Capacity Installations of Coal, Gas and Nuclear Power.
- Solar, Wind Make up at Least 94% of New US Generation Power in Q1 2018