Lakeville Community Solar
RER Energy Group was awarded a contract to develop community solar at Lakeville Village, Inc. through a competitive bidding process. This community solar project produces over 4.7 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy annually, enough to offset the energy use of 350 to 400 homes and businesses. Lakeville residents who have signed up to participate in this array will benefit from a 10% discount on their energy bills through solar energy credits. A long-term lease of the land needed for the solar project, will provide the revenue stream needed to offset the property tax the village has been paying on this previously unused land, and will cover any increased property taxes that result from this solar array.
A local apartment and assisted living complex for seniors is the anchor tenant for the project and will have access to 40% of the energy savings produced by the array. The remaining credits will go to the Lakeville residents, and all other residential and business subscribers to the solar project.
A unique dimension of this project is its financing and planned long-term ownership. “Sunvestment has established joint ownership opportunities for this array with the local partners involved in the project.” said Jim Kurtz, President of Sunvestment. “At Sunvestment, we strive to make communities stronger through solar, and keeping more of the financial value of a solar array with the partner and local participants allows us to do that.”
- Lakeville Village Ready To Flip The Switch On Solar Full article.(rocusa.org)
- 18 Acre Solar Array Up and Running in Geneseo Full article.(thelcn.com)
- Watch the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Full video.(rerenergygroup.com)
SUBSCRIBER PROCESS DETAILS:
- Solar energy generated by the array appears as monetary credits on subscribers’ electricity bills, lowering the costs they pay to National Grid for electricity.
- Depending on the size of a subscription, participants in the program save up to 10 percent annually on electricity.
- Subscribers can enroll in the project and manage their subscriptions via a simple online platform, available at LakevilleSolar.com.
- System Size: 4.0 MW
- Hanwha 380 Watt Modules
- Sungrow SG Inverters
- DCE Solar Fixed-tilt Ground Mount Racking